Me in 10 seconds
I love most things honest, artistic, expressive, spontaneous and freeing.
I love seeing dedication and hard work rewarded and I love things done with good intentions - with heart.
I feel empty when I am not progressing, learning, being challenged, overcoming fear, stepping outside my comfort zone or helping people do the same.
I dislike bad energy but always see the good in people.
I find lessons and inspiration everywhere.
Qualifications: Part 1
In terms of qualifications, I have plenty - but I would like to take the opportunity to say that what defines me is the choice I made a few years ago to take an academics route. What that means is that I let go of the idea that a piece of paper for a weekend certification was more important than a life of, and a lifestyle of, experiences. That led me to travelling to learn from some of the worlds best teachers. I have the utmost respect for certification, and I am sure I will go that route later, once more. But for now I am deep in experiences and a lifestyle that is curious, inquisitive, experimental... leading from the front
Qualifications: Part 2
- NTC Qualified Personal Trainer - 2010
- NTC Prenatal/Postnatal Certified - 2017
- Gloves Club Level 1 Certified Trainer - 2013
- Ido Portal 2 day Movement-X Workshop: Copenhagen - 2013
- Isle of Wight: Back to Bare Basics 7 day Retreat Coach - 2014
- Yuval Ayalon: 2 day Advanced Handstand Workshop London - 2013
- Tom Weksler: 2 day Movement Archery Workshop - 2013
- Hosted Tom Weksler: Movement Archery - 2016
- Kit Laughlin: Into The Stretch - Stretch Therapy Workshop - 2015
- Christian Thibaudeau: Physique Performance Coach Level 1 - 2013
- Fundamentals of Human Movement Workshop Level 1 & 2 - 2011
- Black Dragon Full Contact Kickboxing: Black Belt - 2011
- Kickboxing Coach and Fighter 2004-2010
- Fighting Monkey Workshop Antwerp - 2015
- Naas Panthers: 1 year Gymnastics Training - 2012
- Emmet Louis: Advanced Stretch & Handbalancing - 2015
- KBI: Hardstyle Kettlebell Qualification - 2010
- Movement Brain: Hosted Workshop - 2015
- Worrier to Warrior: Hosted Big Picture - 2015
- Olympic Lifting: 3 Months Catalyst Athletics Program at Performance Therapy Ireland - 2014
- SMR Mobility Workshop: Elite Fitness & Performance Academy - 2010
- Barista Training 3fe - 2013
- Hosted David McGettigan Pop Up Clinic - 2015 ongoing
- Hosted Dave Wardman & Craig Mallett, Physical Alchemy; Repatterning Workshop 2017
- Hosted Phil Greenfield 4-Day Zero Balancing Workshop (Read his book here) 2016
- Complete Human Performance Level 1 attended 2016
- Westside Barbell workshop at CSP Gym - 2017
- Handstand Workshops at Init Yoga
Lastly... my favourite quote.
This, from Scott Ginsberg, says it all
BE brilliant at the basics. Be the change you want to see in the world. Be the first one. Be the only one. Be unforgettable. Be interesting. Be a sleeper. Be the world's expert on yourself. Be better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow. Be confident enough to be humble. But be somebody who reminds everybody of nobody else in the world. And don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't sell, enable people to buy. Don't let jerks get you down. Don't be weary in well doing for in due season you will reap a great harvest if you faint not. And don't wait for the mainstream to validate your voice. Don't despise the day of small beginnings. Don't be selfish with your knowledge. Don't complain if you haven't earned the right. And don't be different, be unique. Because you are what you charge. You are what you believe. You are the books you've read and the people you've met. And you are an empty sheet of paper in the minds of every person you encounter. After all, the world cannot resist a person on a mission. The best swimmers are always in the pool. The sculpture is inside the stone. And the two greatest days in your life are the day you're born, and the day you realize Why you were born. And if you are successful you will always have too much to do and too little time. If you aren't being criticized, you aren't doing much. And if everyone says you're out of your mind, you just might be onto something. Even though, it's not easy being yourself. It's not who you know, it's who knows you. And it's not the years, it's the mileage. So work hard, work long and work smart. Work like you don't need the money. And work from technique, because you never know how you will feel. And don't forget that success leaves clues. That confidence is king. That credibility comes from specificity. That listening is not waiting to talk. And that a nice person who is mean to a waiter is not a nice person. Or, to tell the truth, to tell it all and tell it now. To give value first. To paint yourself into a good corner. To allow customers to participate in your brand. To do work once and benefit many times. To give yourself away. To respect people no's. To take massive action. And to act as if you already are the person you're trying to become. Therefore, always stand up, stand out or be counted out. Discover your Personal Mission. Learn to step outside your comfort zone. Greet each day with love in your heart. Show, don't tell. Make daily appointments with yourself. Never apologize for your art. Remember your Victory Dance. Work harder on yourself than your job. Find your one big idea. And always validate your existence, be yourself and do something cool--every single day!
I believe that with the help of many good people I have built something special here in Terenure by following my heart, not anyone else's ideals or trends. Now we, as a tribe, will continue to do so in our journey and process of becoming better at helping people to become better. Everyone should wake up pain free in the morning, have the Confidence, Freedom and Happiness to live the life they want. I believe that right down to the deepest part of my soul and the most honest thud of my heart and will continue learning so we can make it a reality for everyone.
And if you made it this far...
THANKS FOR READING!! :)