Two Handstand Workshops.
AM Fitness at Init Yoga.
On the back of a fantastic Handstand Workshop last month for everyone at Init Yoga, Ringsend, we have been invited back to hold another workshop.
This time we are doing another of the Level I: Foundation Workshop's for those who missed out the first time around.
And for those who took part, and indeed those who already have some handstand experience with us, we are hosting a Level II: Improving The Handstand workshop
Coaches Andy Myers, Anthony Claffey & Vincent Vis will lead the workshops with each of their own unique input as always.
This promises a dynamic approach to all elements from Vincent, a structural and anatomical approach from Anthony and a practical eye for individualization from Andy.
In short you receive the benefits of three coaches who believe the same principles but have beautifully different styles and approaches. NOTHING will be missed on the day, no stone left unturned for any individual and all questions answered with ample time during the session and after for the purpose of asking questions.
What will be covered on the day?
LEVEL 1: Handstand Foundation
- Principles and Philosophy of Handstand, Balancing & Rebalancing; An introduction into understanding the important elements of the handstand, breaking the myths of balance as a goal.
- Anatomy & Biomechanics of Handstand; Mobility Assessment & Structural demonstration.
- Strength & Conditioning Joints; Wrists & Shoulders
- Efficiency vs Expense; Conditioning Muscles in order to not need them.
- Inversions and Fear; How to be upside down properly and how to be standing again safely
- Dynamic Approach; How to Kick Up and your approach to Consistenc
LEVEL II: Improving The Handstand
- Refresher on REbalance principles & Individual assessment
- Advancing Biomechanics and dissecting the Handstanders INTENTION and FOCUS; Using various drills we will put your attention on different aspects of your handstand and see what one clicks for you. If the first course is about simplifying and familiarizing the handstand, this course is about details, details, details.
- Strength & Conditioning; While focusing on each isolated component you will earn the priviledge to be uspide down by conditioning yourself into a sweat to make sure you register it deeply into your subconscious
- Balance drills; Time to refine and work on finding your centre
- Varying and Individualising the kick up; From limb lengths to mobility, to mental blocks and prior habits... everyone has difference needs. Here we will learn variations on kicking up and tailor each persons entry to handstand to meet you where you are
Q & A Time
Although we will make space during the workshops for you to ask questions we will also make sure to stay on a little longer to answer any questions anyone may have and will happily physically demonstrate each answers to there is 100% clarity and leave you with the precise practice you need as an individual.
PRICING & TIMES
Sunday November 6th
Both Workshops starts 12.30pm sharp and will end between 3.30pm/4pm depending on Q & A duration. 3 hours minimum.
Cost: €75 for either workshop Level I or II - SEE LINK ABOVE TO PAY
Init Yoga Members book through Jeanne
AM Fitness Handstand alumni receive a very special discount - contact Andy 085 7133475 to book your place